There's Mail From Mom!

Wouldn't it be nice to have a letter from mom in the mailbox each time you checked it? Here's a place to check your mailbox for a heart-to-heart talk with mom...















Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Day # 13 of advent...just got home from a wonderful day with the children celebrating Christmastide...ice skating, Hot Krispie Kreme donuts, a little shopping and a lot of listening to Christmas music!
As were out shopping today I looked at all the varieties and styles of Christmas decorations and I noticed that many of them had people's heritage in them. (I especially like the Scandinavian ones...!)
I began to think about some of the things my grandmother made (Christmas and otherwise) and would tell me that was the German in her coming out.
My step-mom and step-sister enjoy making latkes at Christmas to celebrate their heritage.
I love reading about how other countries celebrate Christmas and intertwining it into our Christmas celebration. It's fun every once in a while to try one or two of them as a family.
We've had the breakfast breads in the morning on St. Lucia's Day (that's today, by the way) the gingerbread house for a German celebration, and I've considered filling your children's shoes beneath the advent calendar with a special treat on December 6th as they do in the Netherlands!
What's your family history? It's fun to give our children a taste of it during the Christmas season!

No comments: