There's Mail From Mom!

Wouldn't it be nice to have a letter from mom in the mailbox each time you checked it? Here's a place to check your mailbox for a heart-to-heart talk with mom...















Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas Day....It's here! The day we've all been working toward, waiting for and celebrating for 25 full days!
The Lord has SO blessed us this year and it's benefits were obvious with our table full of food, friends and family yesterday. This morning as my children and husband showered me with love and gifts.
We had two wonderful services at church and their was a special, special spirit t...here tonight as we gathered to honor the Lord on His day, the Lord's day with a bonus---it was Christmas day!
As I set in church listening to the message I thought of the difference between a Christian and a disciple. A Christian has received Christ as Saviour but many times has not made that full surrender of will to follow Him whatever He chooses. A disciple has laid his life at the Saviour's feet and said, "Not my will, but thine be done."
A Christian works Christ and His church into their schedule. A disciple has Christ as his life and all his life works around Christ and his life fits into Christ's plan and schedule for him.
I thought of the sweet, wonderful characters of the Christmas story and thanked the Lord that they were disciples.
Mary when she said, " Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word " and Joseph when he "being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife."
I thought of the young couple when they did as the government demanded and in doing so fulfilled prophecy!
I thought of the shepherds who huried to see the Saviour the angels told them had been born. I thought of the wise men who came to worship the Lord Jesus. I'm so thankful that each of them laid aside their own plans and desires to do what the Lord wanted them to do.
As I begin celebrating the 12 days of Christmas (through January 6th) I make plans on those things I desire to give to the Lord in the next year. I have already started my list and it involves being His disciple--more yielded I pray, Father!
On this day when we celebrate God's gift to us may each of us kneel before Him in worship and give Him the gift of ourselves and our lives.
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

No comments: