There's Mail From Mom!

Wouldn't it be nice to have a letter from mom in the mailbox each time you checked it? Here's a place to check your mailbox for a heart-to-heart talk with mom...















Thursday, February 19, 2009

Breakfast Time...


I love breakfast meals. They are a wonderful way to start the family's day. The Proverbs 31 woman believed in them too. She actually started hers before the sun came up. I've not reached that goal in following my #1 role model yet! :) However, my family does eat a hot breakfast more than not.

I love fixing overnight casseroles, biscuits and gravy, (that's a special day), bacon, eggs, and toast, scrambled eggs with cheese melted on them with Cinnamon Raisin Biscuits, meat, eggs and waffles or pancakes, coffee cakes, and the list could go on and on. Mmmm..breakfast.

Today we had some delicious bacon that smelled like maple syrup, (Thank God for UGO and it's wonderful surprises at 99 cents a lb.!) Then I fixed fresh country eggs and I sliced up some rapidly-going-stale sourdough bread and dipped it in eggs, milk, sugar and cinnamon and fried it up in the bacon grease. It made some of the best French toast this family has ever sunk their teeth into. You know you did good when the kids thank you more than once for breakfast.

So, if you don't cook breakfast why not make a plan to just cook breakfast twice this week? Plan on making the presentation so nice that even if hubby doesn't normally eat breakfast that he'll decide to set down and dig in!

Family time is so sweet and the meal table is the best place to start drawing them together. Take every chance you get to gather your family around delicious homemade food.

On a regular basis (probably at least once a day) I ask myself what memories I want to leave my family. I want them to associate me with meals, my kitchen, an apron, the sweet aroma of good food, and a table that always draws them home. I have had more than one man delivering a package to my door tell me "Something sure smells good in there!" Food is a key to a man (and your family's heart). Use it to draw the family together and to the Lord!


2 comments:

Niki said...

Mmmmm....brings back memories of lots of warm, home-cooked breakfasts. Breakfast is still my favorite meal of the day! I enjoy eating it and cooking it, thanks to you. Love you, Mom!

Alicia Reagan said...

Breakfast? What is breakfast? Isaiah doesn't think he has eaten breakfast unless it is cereal!!
I do love breakfast foods and we have them quite often. Jimmy would eat it if I made it, but he says he likes a bigger lunch and supper instead so he wants cereal. But I miss the food so I cook it at other times!! Now you got me craving french toast!!!